FOx BIOSYSTEMS is a young dynamic company on a mission to revolutionize the life sciences and pharmacological research market with innovative real-time, label-free analysis products. The basis of our success is a novel fiber-optic-based surface plasmon resonance technology that enables our users to generate high-quality biomolecular data quickly and accurately across a wide range of life science applications, in order to help our customers improve their development of new, innovative therapies.
We currently employ about 22 people at our production site in Diepenbeek and at our R&D facility near Ghent.
To reinforce our team in Diepenbeek, we are now looking for a (Junior) Lab Technician – Biosensors
As part of the Operations team, the lab technician participates in activities relating to quality control, as well as manufacturing and activities to maintain a functional and safe lab environment. As such, the activities performed will be split more or less equally over product manufacturing and QC activities. Over time, there is room to grow in one of both directions. You will report to the QC Lead.
- Perform quality control on finished goods.
- Perform quality control on incoming raw materials and on in-house prepared reagents.
- Prepare buffers and reagents according to existing protocols.
- Assist in product manufacturing activities adhering to standard operating procedures, with the goal to be able to perform parts of the manufacturing independently in the short-term, and the full manufacturing alone in the long-term.
- Critically assess, and communicate any deviations from the protocols and procedures in a timely and effective manner.
- Participate in developing upscaling methods.
- Maintain protocols, laboratory notebooks, logbooks, and other documentation following good laboratory practices (GLP) and good documentation practices (GDP).
- Conduct laboratory activities effectively, efficiently, and safely.
- Follow internal QMS, including standard operating procedures, work instructions, and training on laboratory activities.
- Share ideas for internal process improvements and participate in improvement implementation tasks.
- Perform routine instrument verification (e.g., balances, pH meter, pipettes), cleaning, and preventative maintenance. Communicate with manager to schedule instrument service visits.
- Monitor quantities of general laboratory supplies and communicate with manager to arrange the order to prevent shortages.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly laboratory consistent with management expectations.
Education and work experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or other related fields is required.
- Solid laboratory skills.
- Knowledge of immuno assays and/or SPR technologies is an asset.
- Familiar with safe laboratory practices.
- Experience in ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and/or GLP environment is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Good level of computer skills and experience in MS Office package (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
FOx BIOSYSTEMS recruits based on core values and personal potential. The company believes in the equal importance of personality and ability to deliver.
- Ability to think analytically and critically.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong team player but you can also work independently.
- Sense of ownership and able to plan and manage tasks efficiently.
- Flexible and able to handle ever-changing situations.
- Strong sense of quality.
- A young, dynamic work environment with a flat hierarchy.
- A market-conforming salary including a 13th month & extralegal benefits (travel reimbursement, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance for you and your family, group insurance).
- The potential to shape your job in a flexible way.
When you work for FOx BIOSYSTEMS, you have a customer- and company-centric focus. We are looking for an inspired, motivated individual with the right mindset. People with no work experience or with a long track record are equally welcome to apply. We enable you to grow, so that you can have the
independence and freedom to be successful in your line of work.
Interested? Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOx Biosystems NV
+32 11 28 69 73