FOx BIOSYSTEMS is a young Belgian company on a mission to revolutionize the life sciences and pharmacological research market with innovative real-time, label-free analysis products. The basis of our success is a novel fiber-optic-based surface plasmon resonance (FO-SPR) biosensor which enables our users to generate high-quality, cost-effective biomolecular data accurately, fast, and over a wide range of applications.
We have a strong and focused team in our offices in Diepenbeek, Belgium. We will be expanding rapidly over the next months and we’re looking for ambitious professionals to join our team.
We recruit based on core values, leadership attributes and proven expertise. The company believes in the equal importance of personality and the ability to deliver.
The Field Application Specialist is responsible for demonstration, training and education to prospects and customers both on site and at the office. As part of the marketing team, you will report to the VP marketing and work closely with sales in the pre- and post-sales process of customer information, develop application notes and supportive documentation, and work with R&D to define and solve customer application requirements.
This position will be based in Diepenbeek, Belgium.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct on-site and in-house application demonstrations and training for new and current customers on FO-SPR products and applications.
- Support the generation of new sales leads for FOx’s products in the research market by demonstrating and educating potential customers on the FO-SPR products.
- Proactively follow-up with customers to provide news and information on product features and applications, and to resolve customer application issues. This includes basic and advanced FO-SPR training needs, new product information and updates, system and application troubleshooting.
- Represent the voice of the customer to the marketing, sales and development teams regarding current and future customer needs.
- Collect analyze and present competitive information to the organization.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of workshops, user meetings, regional- and international shows.
Your eduction and work experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent lab experience in a life science-related field such as biomedical sciences, biology or biochemistry.
- A good understanding of protein, life science and biologics laboratories. Knowledge of proteins, antibodies and/or binding kinetics is a plus.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data.
- Experience in optimizing applications on SPR or the related field of biolayer interferometry (BLI) is a plus.
- Understanding surface chemistry for protein immobilization is a plus.
- English proficiency level B2 or higher (CEFR), a good knowledge of Dutch, and knowledge of German or French.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Ability to promote company products and services to a variety of prospects and customers, with strong verbal, written, and technical presentation.
- Relationship management skills.
- Experience in scientific data analysis and in reviewing and reporting activities.
- Willing to take ownership and to independently manage multiple tasks.
- Flexibility and efficiency in planning and performing tasks.
- Comfortable, willing and able to routinely travel, including internationally and occasionally during weekends.
When you work for FOx Biosystems, you have a customer-centric focus, also when the customer is your direct colleague. We are proactive and pragmatic. We look for colleagues with a proven track record so we can give them the independence and freedom to be successful in their line of work.
For more information, please contact Jurgen Rillaerts, Recruitment Consultant:
Tel: +32 478 503900