FOx BIOSYSTEMS is a young Belgian company on a mission to revolutionize the life sciences and pharmacological research market with innovative real-time, label-free analysis products. The basis of our success is a novel fiber-optic-based surface plasmon resonance biosensor that enables our users to generate high-quality biomolecular data accurately, fast, cost-effectively, and in a broad application area.
We currently employ about 15 people in our offices in Diepenbeek, Belgium. We will be expanding rapidly over the coming months, and we are looking for ambitious professionals to join our team.
The Assay Development Lead is a member of the R&D team reporting directly to the R&D Manager, Biosensors and Bioassays. In your role, you will act as an integral and driving force behind the development of new bioassays on our proprietary FO-SPR device White FOx.
Your primary responsibility will be leading the assay development projects that support the release of our new biosensors and applications. As a leader within the R&D team, you will also specify, develop, and maintain the relevant enabling processes and tools, and be a champion for the continuous improvement of all aspects of quality.
- Lead assay development projects on requirement definition, assay design, assay optimization, and assay validation
- Plan, design, and execute scientific studies to achieve assay development goals
- Take ownership of the preparation of experiment protocols, data analysis, technical reports, and project summaries for R&D projects
- Implement and enforce appropriate analytical techniques and procedures in assay development
- Timely and effective communication of any deviations from the project plan, as well as unexpected results or events that may affect project quality or timely delivery
- Ensure the completeness and correctness of project deliverables, such as the Design History File and the associated technical documentation
- Contribute to New Product Introduction throughout the design transfer process
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and work with all disciplines within the company to resolve issues related to product and process non-conformance, corrective/preventive actions, or customer complaint escalation
- Guide and support junior member(s) of staff
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the company as assigned
Education and work experience
- You have a master’s degree in biological sciences or other relevant fields, with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in an assay development role
- Proven skills in developing immunoassays and in-depth knowledge of assay optimization methodologies and assay validation procedures
- Strong experience in analyzing immunoassay study data. Knowledge of DOE methodology and statistics is a plus
- Preferably, you have a track record of developing and validating immunoassay(s) for commercial use
- You have the practical experience and in-depth knowledge of analytical techniques for the characterization of biological molecules. Working knowledge of SPR is a plus
- Experience with working in a GLP or ISO 9001 environment is desirable, whereas ISO 13485 is a big plus
- Your English, both written and verbal, is excellent
FOx BIOSYSTEMS recruits based on core values, leadership attributes, and proven expertise. The company believes in the equal importance of personality and the ability to deliver.
- A self-directing and resourceful problem solver with strong analytical skills and a solid technical ability
- Strong planning and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Data-driven, detail-oriented, and using the applicable tools when making decisions
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and tasks regularly
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, with good presentation and report writing skills
- Calm and stress-resistant personality
- Flexible and able to handle ever-changing situations
- Results-oriented and resilient, demonstrating ownership and drive
When you work for FOx BIOSYSTEMS, you have a customer-centric focus, also when the customer is your direct colleague. We are proactive and pragmatic. We look for colleagues with a proven track record so we can give them the independence and freedom to be successful in their line of work.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org