FOx BIOSYSTEMS is a young Belgian company on a mission to revolutionize the life sciences and pharmacological research market with innovative real-time, label-free analysis products. The basis of our success is a novel fiber-optic-based surface plasmon resonance (FO-SPR) biosensor which enables our users to generate high-quality, cost-effective biomolecular data accurately, fast, and over a wide range of applications.
We recruit based on core values, leadership attributes and proven expertise. The company believes in the equal importance of personality and the ability to deliver.
We have a strong and focused team in our offices in Diepenbeek, Belgium. We will be expanding rapidly over the next months and we’re looking for ambitious professionals to join our team.
The impact of FOx Biosystems is determined by its commercial success, and this position will be our first team member fully focused on sales. Reporting directly to the management team, the candidate will have great impact and visibility as one of the key roles in the company, identifying leads and turning them into billable sales, as well as providing existing customers with exceptional support.
The Benelux is our home region and expectations are high! Your primary responsibility will be to meet and exceed the company’s sales targets for this region.
This position is home-office based with regular travel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prospect and qualify new sales leads, and maintain a well-developed pipeline of prospects
- Enthusiastically present, promote and sell products using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Coordinate and collaborate with other team members and management to optimize the sales effort
- Prepare and submit sales contracts for orders
- Negotiate all contracts with prospective customers
- Establish, develop and maintain ongoing positive business and customer relationships
- Track sales and status in CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly
- Prepare and present reports to management when necessary
Your eduction and work experience
- At least four years of experience selling instruments and related products in life science (academia, biotech, pharma) research & development labs with a proven ability to successfully build and manage customer relationships
- Master’s degree in life sciences, business, marketing or a related field
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Full professional Dutch and English proficiency required. Professional working French proficiency preferred.
- Superb interpersonal skills and able to quickly build rapport with customers
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Enthusiastic and engaging presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Realistic and successful negotiator
- Committed to deliver a great customer experience
- Sense of ownership and pride in own performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
When you work for FOx Biosystems, you have a customer-centric focus, also when the customer is your direct colleague. We are proactive and pragmatic. We look for colleagues with a proven track record so we can give them the independence and freedom to be successful in their line of work.